[COD MW2] No dedicated servers or PB

HSMagnet

I signed the IW petition this morning and watched it get deleted along with various other sensible & non-sensible posts. The have certainly gone about this the wrong way :wacko: I signed the online petiton at 4744 and it is now at 30K+

I will give it a couple of days to see if they come back with any thing further before cancelling my 3 pre-orders.

In the meantime, this is bloody hilarious....

• Upvote 1

Thanks xX_Renegade_Xx for pointing that out... give me a break on the 'graphic touch'.

You might try this one instead:

http://www.xfire.com/communities/mw2cod/

I have joined this one, thanks :)

It's not necessarily giving you a break bud, if someone wants to represent the PC gamers then that image doesn't do it for me, the original person who spammed that image on the IW forums stated that it took them 20 minutes to complete and they were now going to spam it, it then appeared in nearly every thread on the forum, a lot of those eventually being deleted.

Supporting PC gamers 100% I will, supporting someone because he made a picture which was then spammed everywhere and got a lot of PC gamers points of view silenced, I will not.

I signed the IW petition this morning and watched it get deleted along with various other sensible & non-sensible posts. The have certainly gone about this the wrong way :wacko: I signed the online petiton at 4744 and it is now at 30K+

I will give it a couple of days to see if they come back with any thing further before cancelling my 3 pre-orders.

In the meantime, this is bloody hilarious....

lol that didn't take long.

Tremendous mistake by IW. They're alienating the very community that made the CoD series what it is. Why is it that developers never ask or listen to the PC community when it comes to what they want in a game?

Here you go guys, thread @ xtremesystems.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=236916

Edit: Looks like since i left the clan nobody is doing the maintenance on the servers anymore :blink: , ill contact the guys to get the servers up and running again.

Nice to see you around again Earzz! :hismiley:

Tremendous mistake by IW. They're alienating the very community that made the CoD series what it is. Why is it that developers never ask or listen to the PC community when it comes to what they want in a game?

Valve does :)

Thanks Duality, hi to you 2 :)

Nice to return after a while, its to bad i lost my interest in online gaming.

Thats a bit of the reason i left .:iE/, im still active at there forums but shamefully i forgot about you guys.

Hopefully my interest will return fast but IW & Activision sure arent helping a lot with Modern Airborn :angry:

Ill try to set the servers back up later this week because the clanleader is just to lazy to do it himself, the disorganized bum :P

Take care guys and ill talk to you soon.

Edited by Earzz

Piracy is actually a much bigger problem on console.Most of my friends who play online console games never bought a copy of the game.They all mod their xbox firmware/dvd drive to be able to use discs they burn from downloads. Theres a lot more consoles than pc users, so piracy is an even bigger problem for them than pc.So this being anti piracy isnt true.

IW never wanted to make a pc version but was forced to by Activision, seems we are paying the price now. Seems to me like IW made MW2 so that pc gamers would have exactly the same features (good and of course bad) as console. They are basically trying to turn us into console gamers. PC and consolers alike should be demanding dedicated servers. Ive played on console and never had a stable lag free game. My friends who play regularly are so used to it they dont compain, its just crazy.

Not knowing much about console gaming, do console gamers benefit from us PC gamers? I can imagine we offer great video footage, but do they enjoy the modding and mapping we do, or are they excluded from it?

I don't know if you guys have been watching the press on the "new" features of Modern Warfare 2, but a lot them sound very familiar. So familiar I'm pretty sure a lot of them were ripped right off the COD4 modding community (PST Joker, Etc). So ya, console gamers apparently do benefit from PC gamers.

Another suspicion I have is that this whole deal is leading to a system like X-box live where they can charge you a monthly fee to play the game you just paid $60 for. I don't know about you guys, but I rarely finish the single player campaigns in games I buy. I'm in it for the multi-player. No dedicated servers is a deal breaker for me. Don't give us a half ass console port with a multi-player system that's likely to be a nightmare and call it a PC game. We just have to hope they get enough bad press over this that it hurts their bottom line. PC gamers can make a dent by canceling their pre-orders and not buying the game, but I'm not sure how big a dent that is in their total sales.

A sad time for CoD, it's a great way to ruin a great series.

AS a clan we have supported CoD all the way through with around 60 members currently in our CoD4 community and a further 20 in our CoD:W@W community, this has definately been a nail in the coffin for the series with 99% of our current CoD members and a further high percentage of those from the other games cancelling the pre-orders of what looked like a nice addition to the series.

At least Battlefied series whenever the next one is ready for relase will include support for the way we want to play.

Just reached the 50000 Total Signatures !

I doubt it will change anything though...

Except maybe all these people that think like us will come to other games, making other games (likely BF:BC2) the reference rather than what we expected from MW2.

Actually we should all pre-order BC2 and send an email with our preorder # to Activition / IW. :P

Lots of posts. Don't care much for reading thru it all. Hehehe.

Not sure 'bout y'all but I wouldn't hastily jump on the DICE/EA bandwagon just yet. Sure they may stick to the tried-and-true dedicated server system. But they are no different from shoddy support. How many maps have been released on BF2 prior to 1.5 patch? How many maps have been released on 2142 overall? One of the biggest problem with both of these games is the lack of maps in general. Sure there are custom maps but you cannot gain any points for your profile. Yes, people care about points. And that is also the primary driving force to people playing on ranked servers. People want to be able to accrue points so they can progress to the next rank. People want to be able to try to rack up as many kills as they can.

I dunno how BF'43 will be when it comes to map and mod support. But it's known that BC2 will come with a ranking/unlock system. So one has to wonder just how far they (DICE) are willing to support their games. One thing I know for certain, they are not active on reviewing, endorsing, or approving user-/community-created maps. And if that is the case, it'll be like BF2/2142 all over again. Same ol' maps for years on end.

I wonder if DICE will continue to use that terrible bullet deviation system that they use on BF2/2142. It drives me up the wall that if I fire off a shot from a heavy machine gun, it'll shoot straight on the first shot but never again after that.

Well, for me, I never bought into the hype for MW2. Never had to cancel anything. All it took was viewing the gameplay footage w/ the AC130 aircraft and I made my decision that I won't be buying it. Last thing I need are kill-streak rewards that enable players to get 20 more kills.

Very surprised with this decision. No cheat protection is perfect but VAC is definitely lacking when compared to PB in my experiences. If this had been implemented in CoD4, I can not imagine how many obvious cheaters would not have been caught. My pre-order has been canceled as well, kind of bummed as I was looking forward to this game.

No dedicated servers from an experience standpoint seems like a disaster. There's a reason I frequent certain servers across multiple titles. The admins that run them keep the idiots at bay which makes the experience much, much more fun. I can only assume they'll have some vote kick type system in place to deal with disruptive users. I can't say I've ever seen it work.

I scanned this thread and haven't researched it much but it seems with this decision, mods will be impossible. I guess that also means no league play.

Edited by doxed

Just reached the 50000 Total Signatures !

We can't calculate a dollars lost amount based on the signature count since one person can easily spam signatures. The number of canceled pre-orders will send that message loud and clear to IW.

Best way is to join steam / xfire groups or even post on IW forums as that will provide a better system to prevent mass spam.

No cheat protection is perfect but VAC is definitely lacking when compared to PB in my experiences.

I did read somewhere yesterday that VAC is only updated once a year, don't know how true that is though but it also uses a delayed ban system I believe, is that true?

I did read somewhere yesterday that VAC is only updated once a year, don't know how true that is though but it also uses a delayed ban system I believe, is that true?

Not sure how often VAC updates but they are delayed bans. They ban the steam account so if you cheat in one game you can no longer play any game online in your steam account that uses VAC.

Least IW is using anti-cheat and not pulling another CoD2 again.

Well, for me, I never bought into the hype for MW2. Never had to cancel anything. All it took was viewing the gameplay footage w/ the AC130 aircraft and I made my decision that I won't be buying it. Last thing I need are kill-streak rewards that enable players to get 20 more kills.

I see aimbotters getting high kill streaks all the time and the game being ruined by constant AC130 fire. MW2 has far too many perks etc for my liking. Looks more like an RPG/FPS now :P

Looks more like an RPG/FPS now :P

Yeah I'd agree.. I'm real skeptical of the game now. Not to mention no dedis... that's a game changer for many. Everyone I know who pre-ordered... cancelled. Everyone seems to want to see how the game is now before they buy... if at all. The sigs on the petition are piling up though. At $60 a pop... them numbers are at least an indication of how much Activision stands to lose (as if the cancelled pre-orders weren't already).