[COD MW2] No dedicated servers or PB

HSMagnet

We can only hope so....I doubt that it will make a difference though...its 10 days to the release...unless they have been working on it and keeping it under wraps it will be impossible for them to do it in 10 days...but who knows time will tell

Story today:

arstechnica.com/gaming/news

And not all the console gamers are turning this into a "us against them" thing:

www.playstationuniversity.com/petition-dedicated-servers-for-modern-warfare-2

i think this sums it up nicely

In just a few short years, we've gone from embracing the mod-making and PC gaming community, to treating them like children who can't be trusted with nice things.

Latest petition signed.

Nice to see gamers across different platforms actually uniting over this issue, instead of the usual fan boy nonsense that was rampant on IW boards.

5e5t1j.jpg

http://www.publicenemy.enjin.com/forums/vi.../54223/m/130450

Give or take 100 yes 100 unlocks. Welcome to World of Duty the new MMORPG from Bliz ... er IW

ASSAULT RIFLES

- M4A1 - Start

- FAMAS - Start

- SCAR-H - Lvl 8

- TAR-21 - Lvl 20

- FAL - Lvl 28

- M16A4 - Lvl 40

- ACR - Lvl 48

- F2000 - Lvl 60

- AK47 - Lvl 70

SUB MACHINE GUNS

- MP5K - Start

- UMP45 - Start

- Vector - Lvl 12

- P90 - Lvl 24

- Mini Uzi - Lvl 44

LIGHT MACHINE GUNS

- L86 LSW - Start

- RPD - Start

- MG4 - Lvl 16

- AUG HBAR - Lvl 32

- M240 - Lvl 52

SNIPER RIFLES

- Intervention - Start

- Barret .50cal - Start

- WA2000 - Lvl 36

- M21 EBR - Lvl 56

MACHINE PISTOLS

- PP2000 - Start

- G18 - Lvl 22

- M93 Raffica - Lvl 38

- TMP - Lvl 58

SHOTGUNS

- SPAS-12 - Start

- AA-12 - Lvl 18

- Striker - Lvl 34

- Ranger - Lvl 42

- M1014 - Lvl 54

- Model 1887 Lvl 67

HANDGUNS

- USP .45 - Start

- .44 Magnum - Lvl 26

- M9 - Lvl 46

- Desert Eagle- Lvl 62

LAUNCHERS

- AT4-HS - Start

- Thumper x2 - Lvl 14

- Stinger - Lvl 30

- Javelin - Lvl 50

- RPG x2 - Lvl 65

EQUIPMENT

- Frag - Start

- Semtex - Start

- Throwing Knife - Lvl 7

- Tactical Insertion - Lvl 11

- Blast Shield - Lvl 19

- Claymore - Lvl 31

- C4 - Lvl 43

SPECIAL GRENADES

- Stun x2 - Start

- Flash x2 - Start

- Smoke - Start

PERKS - SLOT ONE

- Marathon - Start

- Sleight of Hand - Start

- Scavenger - Lvl 13

- Bling - Lvl 21

- One Man Army - Lvl 45

PERKS - SLOT TWO

- Stopping Power - Start

- Lightweight - Start

- Hardline - Lvl 9

- Cold-Blooded - Lvl 25

- Danger Close - Lvl 33

PERKS - SLOT THREE

- Commando - Start

- Steady Aim - Start

- Scrambler - Lvl 17

- Ninja - Lvl 29

- SitRep - Lvl 37

- Last Stand - Lvl 41

DEATHSTREAKS

- Copycat - Start

- Painkiller - Lvl 6

- Martyrdom - Lvl 27

- Final Stand - Lvl 39

RIOT SHIELD

Shield - Start

ASSAULT RIFLE ATTACHMENTS

- No Attachment

- Grenade Launcher

- Red Dot Sight

- Silencer

- ACOG Scope

- FMJ ( Full Metal Jacket )

- Shotgun

- Holographic Sight

- Heartbeat Sensor

- Thermal

- Extended Mags

SNIPER RIFLE ATTACHMENTS

- No Attachment

- Silencer

- ACOG Scope

- Heartbeat Sensor

- Thermal

- Extended Mags

LIGHT MACHINE GUN ATTACHMENTS

- No Attachment

- Grip

- Red Dot Sight

- Silencer

- ACOG Scope

- Holographic Sight

- Heartbeat Sensor

- Thermal

- Extended Mags

SUB MACHINE GUN ATTACHMENTS

- Rapid Fire

- Red Dot Sight

- Silencer

- ACOG Scope

- Akimbo

- Holographic Sight

- Thermal

- Extended Mags

CAMOUFLAGES

- None

- Desert

- Arctic

- Woodland

- Digital

- Urban

- Blue Tiger

- Red Tiger

- Fall

As i have stated in many forums, my Money is finally headed back to EA Games for BF BC2, At least they wont screw us over off the bat, they will wait min 6 months before they do this.

I love the videos that IW release regarding MW2, one of them shows a connection failure. Hmmm Not what i want for a multi-player game.

I QA'ed At Activision a few years a go, i should have seen this one coming from a mile away.

Heh... always knew that it'd get worse as they add more unlocks. Why can't they just simply hand us X number of unlock points, refundable in case you want to change things, which can be spent on unlocking things in a tree-like manner? I played BF2142 and the tree system is pretty good as it forces you to prioritize what unlock branch you want to work on. Eventually you'll unlock everything but I still would like to see a limit on how much you can unlock overall. Giving you limited number of unlock points forces you to spend 'em wisely on certain weapon classes and perks.

For example, one can spend all their unlock points on weapon classes and the like but would not have enough to unlock certain kill/death streak perk. Or one can unlock everything essential to being a sniper but have nothing left over to unlock things like assault rifles, SMGs, or maybe claymores. I think using this system, it guarantees that you won't have everything at your disposal by the time you reach the highest level/rank. And instead, forces everyone to consider how they want their profile to be like. I suck as a sniper in every game I have played. But hand me an assault rifle, semi-auto rifle, or a SMG and I can play okay w/ it. The bolt-action rifle category in World at War is the only set of weapons that I do not have all the marksmanship completed on. And I think the unlock profile should reflect that.

Anyway, everything is pretty much moot. IW can't think forward and they think adding more unlocks and streak features will make the game better. Am I the only one who think that DICE's idea of going from 7 classes in BF2 down to 4 in 2142 was a radical and different idea at the time?

The whole unlock issue....ftw. I personally like to re-start in COD4 and rank up once in a while. It's worth the time, just to re-enjoy the thrill of it all. Go play on a competition mod server, with no unlocks, and you really see the benefits of not having them at all. Ranking is really a console thing, and it's ruining pc-gaming in ways even losing dedicated servers can't.

RW

sorry ive not added my input to this thread sooner ,my inputs not needed as so many of the community has already expressed how we all feel about this .

i just wanted to add that supposedly this is is to stop piracy on the pc version, among other reasons (cash cow +dlc )

i had to have a laugh when i saw that modern warfare2 for the xbox 360 is on the newsgroups already (pirated )

Blockbuster Online UK have withdrawn the PC version of MW2 from sale. Apparently they have had too many pre order cancellations !

When I phoned up to cancel mine the other week, the guy there said that he's been taking calls like mine all morning !

Blockbuster UK

:lol:

Edited by DarkMuppet

Blockbuster Online UK have withdrawn the PC version of MW2 from sale. Apparently they have had too many pre order cancellations !

Oops. IW fail. It'd be nice to see PC cancellation figures from companies - doubt we will though.

BestBuy Live Session with Devs for MW2

Being held this Tuesday, Nov 3/09 You'll have to deal with the time-zone issues on your end to figure out what time it will be in your area.

A suggestion, though. If you're going to get involved, be polite, and only post/discuss with some education and relevance. Absolutely no fan-boy/bashing/MW2 sucks comments are going to help our cause. If the dev's are going to do anything positive in response to our cries for dedicated files, they do need to see that we indeed to care, and that there is a mature and sensible reasoning behind it.

This users post on the steam forums sums it up

And to top it off IW forums are down atm

They expect us to believe IWNet will be a success when they can't even keep their forums online.

PRICELESS !

Must ... formulate... questions...

"Is there any guarantee that if a person hosts a public match or round that they will not be given an unfair advantage (as being the host)?"

"If IWNET is intended to be an improvement to the Average Joe Player, how does it improve upon a player's experience where ping and internet connectivity are major issues in other parts of the world?"

"Can the IWNET infrastructure offer any guarantee that the general playing experience will not include players who may not live up to other people's higher standards? For instance, a dedicated server for which a clan or group host is able to offer higher standards of playing by removing players who do not abide by server rules. Is there any assurance for which players will not suffer due to unruly and disruptive people?"

I don't know if I'll be able to participate in their live-chat. But the above two are what I want to ask them directly. Hopefully, if they cannot answer it or they answer in a round-about way, they'll start realizing that they'll need dedicated servers in order to continue retaining the community for which it has built (or destroyed).

When I phoned up to cancel mine the other week, the guy there said that he's been taking calls like mine all morning !

Blockbuster UK

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /searchandbrowse/productsearchresults.aspx

Not sure if some one has put this link up before me but there is a petition going with over 165,000 sigs to date so add yours to

http://www.petitiononline.com/dedis4mw/petition.html

Community Feedback on this Decision

The entire community is now up in arms about this, not least because of the insulting and condescending tone taken by the IW's top men in responding to this issue -->

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/200...r-response.aspx

I think this will be the final Nail for alot of COD fans. If we on PC want to play like consoles we would by the games for console in the first place

IW = EPIC FAIL & i thought Tryarch screewed us over with WaW how wrong , how wrong

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /searchandbrowse/productsearchresults.aspx

Strange, link worked yesterday, try this ?

New link here.

Strange, link worked yesterday, try this ?

New link here.

rofl

Sorry

We're sorry, there was a problem in performing the requested action.

This problem may have occurred because our server is particularly busy at the moment, so you might want to try again a little later.

In the meantime, our technical staff have been notified of the problem and will attempt to rectify the situation as soon as possible. If there is any information that you think might be useful to us about this issue, please email Customer Services.

Regards,

Blockbuster Online Team

rofl

We crashing it or is it just not available to internet outside of UK ?

Anyway, here's the screen grab of the pre order being removed ....

bb.JPG

Edited by DarkMuppet