[COD MW2] No dedicated servers or PB

HSMagnet

Yeah, I'll definitely get this game for hackin'. ;P And they can't kick me for it! Bwahahahaha!

*ahem*

That lag video... I like how the idiot says "server" instead of "host". The first thing that came to mind was "what server? There is no server!"

I don't need a game where I end up playing like I have a 56k modem when I'm on a 12/2 cable connection. If I want to play like that, I'll play other games on a 56k modem!

• Upvote 1

and now combine that with inability to ban/kick people from matches :D

Wow, not even a day after it's released.

I'm not sure how VAC deals with bans/detection as I've had only a small exposure to VAC through TF2/CSS.

Edited by doxed

I'm beginning to think they host the IW forums on IW:Net too, and the reason you can't access them or find them slow to load is because the host keeps changing when viewers rage/quit. :huh: :unsure: :blink:

Tho mostly unrelated, I gotta fess up.

I was at the local Walmart (bleh...) and stumbled across a guy debating on getting MW2. He wanted to know if there's any reviews on the game yet. So I asked on which version he wants to know... obviously the 360. And I laid it all out, almost like a pitchman. Told him that early reviews say it's good, mentioned about the controversy about a part in single-player, mentioned same MP experience as CoD4, mentioned about the 25 kill streak nuke. He sounds quite interested in it and ended up buying it. So... yeah... I helped make a sale for MW2.

I finnished the singelplayer campain in 6,5 hours.

Music sounds are to louder than the voice sounds, sometimes i can't hear what they tell you to do, annoying.

It is not possible to change game sounds and music sounds, like it was on cod4.

I tryed different sound outputs like; Logitech X530, Logitech Z5500, Logitech G35 and Logitech Digital Precision headsets.

The game does not support 7.1 surround.

For this little singeplayer hours the game is way to expencive.

Grafics are cool.

Played the multiplayer for 3 hours. Capture the flag type of maps.

1. Unbeliveble kills online, some guys shoot 4 players in 3 seconds, in various directions.

2. Some guys are preshooting, or pre throwing grenades if you cant see enemy, and make 1200xp point a game, lol.

3. Nice player names like, H4xForever, W4llH4ckWilly, pfff.

4. Gameplay reminds me of Counterstrike source.

5. Had no connection drop, only switching from 87fps to 56 fps.

6. Fixed resolutions at 1024 x 768, bah i did not buy a expencive 24" HD screen for that.

7. Differance between gamesounds and music are better balanced than the single player.

8. Sometimes you loose the game because of inbalance of the teams, 10 vs 4.

If i may give it a rating;

Singelplayer 7.5 out of 10

Multiplayer 4 out of 10

Activision made Youtube take the hack video down due to copyright infringement. Trying to cover up the fact that thier system sucks are they?

Either that or they paid GoogleTube a good sum of money for it. Since when is showcasing a cheat in a video game considered copyright infringement? Besides, I'd rather see those videos so I'd know what to look for (you know... educational purposes).

Bought it, playing it.

Review incoming.

Also, you may all be surprised to find that its not all bad.

Fricka, you can change the resolution once the campaign has been started. Esc options menu.

Something I would expect from a 20 something era player. The days of true online play are over. Console noobs have taken over and give everything to a company that is more about money than standards or true classic gaming. People make statements, petitions, or otherwise yet continue to back something that many have decided is not the direction things should travel. I could go on over this but it would be pointless.

No standards; No etiquette, no nothing. Todays world I suppose but still a disappointment to those of us here for the duration. Every day I read posts such as this it makes me sick to know this is the road we will travel. I won't and some others will. Choice I suppose.

have no fear for those who havent purchased this yet:

on OverStock you can get MW2 for a special unbeatable price....

OVMW2a.jpg

dont worry about the 1 star rating,

OVMW2b.jpg

this is the best part....

OVMW2c.jpg

for only 3.99 you can add a 2-year replacement plan, so im wondering if this means you can hack away and then get a free copy?

hackers rejoice!! Overstock ftw

http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Music-Games/PC-Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2/4040888/product.html

Newegg has already discounted the PC version to $52.99 with free shipping.

Xbox and PS3 remain at full price of $59.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832133066&Tpk=32-133-066

Edit: Here is a very well written review of the PC version by Game Planet:

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/pc/games/158267/reviews/134131.Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2/

"The matchmaking appears to work largely based on your connection strength. Or, at least, if it's designed to work in any other manner it's broken, because the game thought nothing of placing me against other players that were twenty ranks ahead. I'd like to report on the latency with some actual figures, however they've removed numerical ping and replaced it with a signal bar not unlike that found on a mobile phone, so this arbitrary scale is irrelevant and yields no clues as to what sort of a compensatory game I need to play. My eye-chrometer suggests around 150msec across the board, however.

Lag? You bet. Within a matter of minutes I'd been fragged by a bouncing avatar that transported itself across the map, and that doesn't include the noticeable banana bullets that occur just too frequently to ignore. Based on this, it's fairly clear to see why they've limited the game to nine per side, I'd hate to see what it looks like with Modern Warfare's original 64 player limit, presumably like a very tedious slide show from a trip to Borneo."

Edited by CosmicBlue