[COD MW2] No dedicated servers or PB

HSMagnet

P2P MP in PC games is most likely going to become the norm. Even ID Software is going with P2P MP in their new game, "Rage". Who knows, if you have a decent connection and don't bother with clans/leagues - IWNet may not be that bad. *shrugs*

I do hope you're wrong about this, you know how bad it is from playing OFDR multiplayer.

I was playing L4D2 demo last night and the pings before the game had started were ridiculous;

Me - 5 (host)

Player 1 - 374

Player 2 - 677

Player 3 - 1074

I've had a 600+ ping before and by the time my bullets reach the target the level is over :o

Just a reminder. MW2 will not install because it is not unlocked yet. It will not be unlocked until 3am EST or 12am PST now. Here is a picture of what a player got while trying to install the game.

http://i36.tinypic.com/nmme60.jpg

Edit: Changed to 12am PST.

Ninja edit: I am most likely going to pick up a copy at some point, probably purchasing on steam. The whole "boycott" and petition thing isn't going to change an awful lot - P2P MP in PC games is most likely going to become the norm. Even ID Software is going with P2P MP in their new game, "Rage". Who knows, if you have a decent connection and don't bother with clans/leagues - IWNet may not be that bad. *shrugs*

Exactly what IW want you to do. I'm surprised tbh Duality, really surprised.

Sometimes in life you need to stand up for what you believe in, even if it means making sacrifices (in this case: simply going without one game)

From what I've been reading and seeing:

- Game is ACTUALLY 12 players max for most game types

- hardcore and other game modes have to be unlocked

- the regular weapon damage looks like hardcore

- no recoil and esp type weapons / perks

- 12 to 18 players gets boring

- xbox to get first DLC exclusively then PC and PS3 will be able to "purchase" it

From what I have seen, this game was made for total noobs. I would buy it .... ONLY if it drops to $10 because that is all its worth.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

16,411 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

9,571 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer

Ninja edit: I am most likely going to pick up a copy at some point, probably purchasing on steam. The whole "boycott" and petition thing isn't going to change an awful lot - P2P MP in PC games is most likely going to become the norm. Even ID Software is going with P2P MP in their new game, "Rage". Who knows, if you have a decent connection and don't bother with clans/leagues - IWNet may not be that bad. *shrugs*

I would not waste the money on it tbh, there are far better games out there to spend your money on rather than spending it on a concept that is inherently flawed and broken. How many people have a decent enought connection in the UK to really support even a 12 player game? Not at a decent net rate it should be played at. COD WAW Zombies is laggy enough with 4 players (feels like I am predicting a quake rocket not a hit scan) and it can only work off the same constrights.

You are right about the boycott thing is not gonna affect them much, as the sales has already surpassed record levels but I doubt this will mean P2P will become the norm in PC gaming. Call of Duty is DEAD, accept it and just find a decent game to spend your money on there is plently out there if you look passed all the hype.

Rage? pff who cares. Its not got the hype COD had to back it up. So that will fail harder.

FireStorm

• Upvote 2

I would not waste the money on it tbh, there are far better games out there to spend your money on rather than spending it on a concept that is inherently flawed and broken. How many people have a decent enought connection in the UK to really support even a 12 player game? Not at a decent net rate it should be played at. COD WAW Zombies is laggy enough with 4 players (feels like I am predicting a quake rocket not a hit scan) and it can only work off the same constrights.

You are right about the boycott thing is not gonna affect them much, as the sales has already surpassed record levels but I doubt this will mean P2P will become the norm in PC gaming. Call of Duty is DEAD, accept it and just find a decent game to spend your money on there is plently out there if you look passed all the hype.

Rage? pff who cares. Its not got the hype COD had to back it up. So that will fail harder.

FireStorm

I already bought L4D2, Borderlands and Dragon Age :lol:

I had the cash spare so I thought meh, why not. I'll try it out and post up how it goes. At least then people here can have an opinion on the game from someone who is playing it for it's merits - and not just jumping on the "OMG IW == EVIL" bandwagon.

Screenshots and a short review can be expected forthwith.

Nope. I got it for free with a subscription to a magazine :D

yea thats going to be the only way i get this game... i have no desire to fuel their expensive tyrant tastes

makes me want to not buy it even more now

***Edit: as i was posting this i saw on TV a MW2 commercial with Eminem in the background, and at the very end the last thing that was said was "get your limited edition Xbox 360 MW2 Console package" then it showed the X360 logo..... clearly they are marketing the console.... why bother even releasing this for PC

Edited by TBK-GuitarSkater