[COD MW2] No dedicated servers or PB

HSMagnet

hi all been keeping a eye on this from there forum at activion and found this

maybe it effecting there shares then maybe people may listen but stocks and share do rise up n down but surely the biggest game of 2009 i would of thought share would rise not fall maybe wrong but i am sure some were some one is asking why the fall but this is what was posted on there forum

Keep this updated guys; http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=ATVI...ource=undefined

From another post; http://www.fortuneo.fr/fr/bourse/fiche-val...on-blizzard.jsp In French, but just check the graph.

The petition sites does not allow duplicate emails to vote, nor does it allow the same IP to register a vote twice!!

So, even in the highly unlikely incidence of everyone somehow getting 2 votes, this still provides the following eguation;

125907 x $60 = $7,554,420 / 2 = $3,777,210

You may think you can afford this IW/Activision, but your shareholders are going to be none too pleased.

On the 8th October 2009, your shares were worth $12.89 each. Today, 21st October 2009, they are worth $12.46. The trend is down!!

22nd October 2009 - $12.28 still going down

23rd October 2009 - Stocks now at $12.20

26th October 2009 - Stocks now at $12.03

160856 Total Signatures

160856 x $60 = $9,651,360 / 2 = 4,825,680

27th October 2009 - Stocks now at $11.68 down 2.91% on the day. Down $1.21 in 6 days (4 trading days). Almost 10% over the 4 days

28th October 2009 $11.39 down another 2.57% on the day. 11.636% down since I first posted

29th October 2009 $11.08 down another 2.63% on the day.

30th October 2009 $10.82 down another 2.34% on the day.

• Upvote 1

quote taken from the best but chat logs.

Laugh: Is there a console in the PC version of the game, so we can change our field of view from the xbox's default 65 FOV to 80 also can we tweaks the weapon damage for each gun, removes perks, graphical debris, breathing sway, also thru console like we where able to before or is this all gone?

Vince-IW: We would like you to play the game the way we designed and balanced it.

18 players max, no lean.

GeneralClean: With the new IW.net, how many players can it support at one time with each server set-up, 8 vs 8, 12 vs 12, 16 vs 16, and how much bandwidth are we talking about per player basis, Upload and Download?

Mackey-IW: The max number of players on all platforms are 1v1 through 9v9. This is the number of players we focused on when we were balancing map size, perks, classes, challenges, etc.

And anyone asking about dedicated servers get kicked.

MW2 is a true console port. Everything that made it stand out for PC has been stripped.

Highlights

About IWNet / Matchmaking

01:24 xxTex

Can explain how IW.net works for the PC platform?

01:26 Mackey-IW

PC has no common provider of matchmaking like on xbox360, so to have match making on the PC we had to create IW.Net, kind of similar to the match making networks created for RTS games on PC. This was not a trivial undertaking, although it's understandable that these days consumers may take match match making for granted.

02:37 kaRMa

Please give me a direct answer. On the PC version. Are all games hosted by players, and is there a 5 second delay when host migration is in effect?

02:37 Vince-IW

yes.

18 player max (9v9)

01:32 Josh111

PC Question... What will the max amount of players per map be for PC multiplayer on IW.net

01:32 Vince-IW

9v9

01:32 GeneralClean

With the new IW.net, how many players can it support at one time with each server set-up, 8 vs 8, 12 vs 12, 16 vs 16, and how much bandwidth are we talking about per player basis, Upload and Download?

01:33 Mackey-IW

The max number of players on all platforms are 1v1 through 9v9. This is the number of players we focused on when we were balancing map size, perks, classes, challenges, etc.

No console

01:46 Laugh

Is there a console in the PC version of the game, so we can change our field of view from the xbox's default 65 FOV to 80 also can we tweaks the weapon damage for each gun, removes perks, graphical debris, breathing sway, also thru console like we where able to before or is this all gone?

01:46 Vince-IW

We would like you to play the game the way we designed and balanced it.

02:54 lucifeR

If there is no console, how can you expect people with low-end PC's to play the game with sufficent FPS? As in COD4, you could remove things such as decals in order to gain much needed frames per second.

02:54 Mackey-IW

You can turn stuff down in the menus.

No Skilled vs newbies anymore?

02:02 Josh111

For the PC.. You guys have said people will be matched by skill.. How is this skill determined? Is it by kill to death ratio or something else?

02:02 Mackey-IW

Well none of the programmers are in the chat today.. so let's just say it's crazy programmer magic. It's a lot more than just K/D though. The important thing is not that all players in a game are the exact same skill, but that the teams are balanced.

No lean

02:03 TheNinthAxis

Is there lean in PC multiplayer.

02:03 Vince-IW

No.

02:34 zach426

What was your guy's logic behind removing the lean feature for PC, a feature that was a mainstay from all of your previous call of duty titles?

02:34 Mackey-IW

The game is not balanced for lean.

Anti-Cheat question response lol

02:25 DudezTY

Since we can not kick people in ranked matches, how will we stop hackers who get past VAC?

02:25 Mackey-IW

Our goal is to ban hackers from the game.

Lack of credits for the mod community

02:44 ViperVenom

What was the inspiration behind the AC-130, Throwing knives, 3rd person and such? Did looking at some of the Cod4 Mods influence any of these?

02:44 Ryan-IW

The inspiration behind so many inclusions to MW2's MP was basically the fun factor. We'll look at something we did in the past and say "Wouldn't it be fun if we *insert blank here*". With MW2 we had the chance to do a lot of just that. We implemented things that at first were very experimental and unbalanced, but through time and hours and weeks of testing and balancing, we came out with something amazing.

No record / demos

02:46 frzg

Is there a /record feature? Answer yes... please. We're trying to give you a 'chance'

02:46 Vince-IW

no

PC version not done

02:43 Moriarte

Will there be a multiplayer PC demo shortly after release? The PC community is largely skeptical at best right now and with no ability to trade-in or rent, this is a real gamble for our wallets.

02:43 Vince-IW

No plans for a demo currently. We are still working on finishing the PC game right now (yes, I know... we need to get done!)

We have a few things LOL

02:54 Moriarte

Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?

02:55 Mackey-IW

No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

Looks like a DIRECT console port. Dedicated servers won't save this game now.

• Upvote 1

Their lack of answers to things concerns me...especially about the VAC....i did some reading up on the VAC and PB is far superior to it.....PB detects many more things than what the VAC can....

Since when does telling the customer what they want work over giving them what they want?

MW2 didn't have to do much to make it a big hit. I never thought IW could screw themselves over so bad but here we are.

all they had to do to make COD6 a huge hit was clean up the graffix adds some more storyline

add a couple of more guns and features like the knife throwing and custom kill streaks

and the game would have been flying off the shelfs

shame :(

also

Since we can not kick people in ranked matches, how will we stop hackers who get past VAC?

how is that answering the question ?

i think thats everybody's goal isnt it

what they should have done is just came straight out with it and said

screw you PC gamers

02:02 Josh111

For the PC.. You guys have said people will be matched by skill.. How is this skill determined? Is it by kill to death ratio or something else?

02:02 Mackey-IW

Well none of the programmers are in the chat today.. so let's just say it's crazy programmer magic. It's a lot more than just K/D though. The important thing is not that all players in a game are the exact same skill, but that the teams are balanced.

I've seen/made some programs do some weird things but magic, if you don't know aleast come up with a reason better than magic, i would be happy with an answer of pulling numbers out of a hat.

Good luck with that you're going to need it.

02:54 Moriarte

Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?

02:55 Mackey-IW

No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

Define PC custom stuff: a mouse, chat, and graphic cards. I mean what a pc game without a mouse, keyboard, something to display it on ... I'm drawing a blank.

Edited by Ghost_A_08

O_o BC2 will defiantly be going into my collection of Battefield games...it looks amazing...oh yeh and dont forget the fact that it has dedicated server support as well as PB support....

I can only image that the pc people that still buy this will only be running private matches.

Not being able to kick/ban people will kill public games when cheater/grievers come in.

So in turn they are making the pc online experience worse for the new players as cheaters/grievers will strive in pubic games.

Look for the next IW release to be console only.

Epic fail for trying to avoid the topic of dedicated servers. The folks at IW didn't get the memo. It featured a link to the trend line seen here:

http://www.xfire.com/games/ofdr/Operation_..._Dragon_Rising/

If people are being kicked for asking simple sensible questions with regards to dedicated server, that's not conversing with IW. That's not hosting a live chat. That's an open press conference. And you all know what an open press conference is! It's just hype and bullshit. This is ridiculous and getting out of control.

Edited by Sixshot

yeh tell me about it this is getting out of control...and nice boxart and sig MaydaX... instead of them coming up with the dumbass answer of we will ban cheaters and hackers....they should have gone into detail somewhat about how they was going to do it....even if they go to ban cheaters and hackers it could take days even weeks b4 that person gets banned by the VAC....they pretty much made the live chat like ok if ur a PC player piss off with ya...we dont care about ya...if ur a console player please ask any question u want....i didnt see many console questions being asked....

Plus without the feature to record demos the days on sniper montages and frag movies are over or atleast their wont be any for the PC version....

I also liked how someone asked about what they would be doing about the ones that pirated the game on the Xbox 360 and there was no real answer...leads me to believe that the gaming leaking to the public 2 weeks b4 release was an inside job...but thats just my opinion...

The reason we will continue to be ignored in all of this is that aside from us complaining amongst ourselves and posting on forums we are NOT getting our message across to the public players.

If for no other reason than too many flame wars start in the forums between us and console players, joe public just switches off.

A quick look at the server browser in COD4 shows over 17k servers but less than 700 have Boycot MW2 or anything similar in the server name.

Unless we educate the public that come to our servers why no dedi servers will effect them they will see the ads, read the hype, and buy the game. We lose. The sales figures will appear to support IW's position.

In here all we are doing is preaching to the converted, its the masses that we have to reach and IMHO we need to start the process when they browse the servers to chose where to play.

The main thing to be proven last night from all the logs I have read is that the game was coded for the lowest common denominator and no effort has been made to utilise the power of the cheapest pc off the shelf in PC world etc.

We need the public to know that;-

Without dedi servers they will not be able to join with our communities, they must like us they keep coming back.

Without mod and mapping tools the game types and custom maps that they play on our servers would not exist without a DLC payment to IW.

They have to be aware that hacking is a far bigger problem in VAC than it is in well run PB supported servers.

As a community at the moment aside from a reasonably supported petition, masses of flame wars and loads of chuntering we are lacking in action to push our position to the people that really matter. Joe public in the server whos money is heading straight to IW's coffers.

Every server in this community needs to start with making sure that their feelings are know in their server name.

Sorry for the lecture but time is not on our side.