New Medal of Honor (Modern Day)

MaydaX

EA ANNOUNCES 'MEDAL OF HONOR'

Franchise Re-booted with New Development Teams, New Soldier, New Setting

Medal of Honor™ returns to the front lines, this time in today's war. For the first time in the franchise's 10-year history, Medal of Honor is leaving the WWII theatre and putting players in war-torn Afghanistan. Electronic Arts Inc. today revealed that in 2010, Medal of Honor, an all-new first-person shooter game, will introduce the Tier 1 Operator: a relatively unknown entity directly under the National Command Authority who takes on missions no one else can handle. The development team has been working closely with Tier 1 Operators from the US Special Operations Community since the earliest stages of development to create the most authentic modern war experience. Set against the backdrop of a rugged and brutal landscape, Medal of Honor depicts modern military operations through the lens of a small band of fictional characters. Inspired by real events, Medal of Honor reveals the mission of today's most elite soldier – his will, his mindset and his uncompromising professionalism.

Medal of Honor is being built with a best-in-class single-player campaign. The Medal of Honor development team at EALA has been hand-selected by the studio leadership of General Manager Sean Decker, Executive Producer Greg Goodrich and Senior Creative Director Rich Farrelly. To compliment the single-player experience, EALA has enlisted the multiplayer expertise at EA DICE. This team will develop the multiplayer experience of Medal of Honor. These two studios are coming together to deliver a world-class Medal of Honor that is poised to re-set and re-boot the franchise for a new generation.

"When we first set out to reinvent Medal of Honor, we wanted to stay true to its roots of authenticity and respect for the soldier but bring it into today's war. The Tier 1 Operator is the most disciplined, deliberate and prepared warrior on the battlefield. He is a living, breathing, precision instrument of war." said Greg Goodrich, Executive Producer, Medal of Honor. "We are honored to have the rare opportunity to work closely with these men to create a game that shares their experience."

"EA has always been an advocate for telling the soldiers' story. The new Medal of Honor follows that tradition. We felt it was important to tell the story of today's war and today's elite soldiers via today's most relevant medium – videogames," said Sean Decker, VP and General Manager of EALA. "We are so proud to bring together two powerhouse development teams to make this game a reality; EA Los Angeles and EA DICE. Medal of Honor promises to be an unforgettable entry in the modern shooter genre."

Tune in to Spike TV's 2009 Video Game Awards on Saturday, December 12 at 8pm PST for a world-premier first-look at Medal of Honor.

Follow us on twitter at: Medal of Honor (medalofhonor) on Twitter. Become a fan on Facebook at Welcome to Facebook | Facebook. For additional information and news, visit www.medalofhonor.com

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/medal-honor-series/860419-medal-honor.html

Looks like a game between two studios. EALA and DICE.

HOORAY! :D

Hopefully, this will be a replacement for the CoD:Modern Warfare series which has been ruined by IW/Activision.

I own, and have enjoyed the single player of every MoH game:

Allied Assault

Spearhead

Breakthrough

Pacific Assault

AirBorne

I've never cared much for the MoH multiplayer, though. Hopefully, the MP of the new game will be better.

btw - EA has a "10th Anniversary Edition" out which sells for only $19.95 USD!

That's 4 bucks a game, plus it includes extras! If you've never played the SP, I would recommend them, especially at that price.

Perhaps they are going to use the revenue from this edition to fund the development of the upcoming game...

http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=ea&Locale=en_US&productID=106131200&resid=vW@djgoBAkgAAEgUhucAAAAO&rests=1259785805287

• 2 weeks later...

It does look pretty good - let's keep our fingers crossed.

Thank for that trailer!

p.s. Not sure if I was clear about this on my previous post: The 10th Annivesary Edition includes all 5 previous MoH games....Allied Assault, Spearhead, Breakthrough, Pacific Assault, and AirBorne, plus extras for $19.95! :D

Edited by CosmicBlue

• 4 months later...

Looks like the game will be ranked and we can assume it will be locked down like BC2 with no public dedicated server files as it's the same engine.

Oh and the PC price is $59. Guess all the MW2 idiots showed other companies that a $59 price tag works.

EBGames.com - Buy Medal of Honor - PC

Gamestop.com - Buy Medal of Honor - PC

Amazon.com: Medal of Honor: PC: Video Games

Makes my decision to leave the online FPS scene http://www.maydax.com a good choice.

If it ends up similar to BFBC2, then they can kiss my a$$. I will not buy another dud. Look what happened with Crysis. That was a "FAIL" game from the start. All these other games are the same way anymore. COD4 was, and still is, the last "Real" game.

I always wondered if there was anyone else out there that felt the way I do about present day online play. Starting in the very beginning of AA we fought the occasional bug, random hackers, and Pragmatic with their $5.00 a slot price tag.

We had fun back then but even though there was a ranking system it took forever to reach 100 honor. How things have changed. I get frustrated and pissed off every time I jump online anymore so I simply don't spend the time online anymore. No more of my money; I will play the games I own and hope there is someday a return to the classics and ethics of the past. Right now there is not a game I see that is worth more than the discount bin at Wal Mart.

I still hope someone actually starts to pay attention to the PC community but will not hold my expectations too high anymore. BFBC2 was the final straw for me as well. Ranks... wtf? <_>

Looks like the game will be ranked and we can assume it will be locked down like BC2 with no public dedicated server files as it's the same engine.

Oh and the PC price is $59. Guess all the MW2 idiots showed other companies that a $59 price tag works.

EBGames.com - Buy Medal of Honor - PC

Gamestop.com - Buy Medal of Honor - PC

Amazon.com: Medal of Honor: PC: Video Games

Makes my decision to leave the online FPS scene http://www.maydax.com a good choice.

I don't think you're alone there MaydaX, I too am tired of the way things are heading and am concentrating on offline single player games with substance. :)

Best part is, developers don't realize this. When PC sales are disappointing, they just blame piracy rather than looking at the steaming pile of shit they release.

• Upvote 3

Best part is, developers don't realize this. When PC sales are disappointing, they just blame piracy rather than looking at the steaming pile of shit they release.

100% agree

A major problem is return policies. If you could return games for a full refund, I am willing to bet you would see better games. They know once opened you can't return it so they push unfinished products out the door and lets consumers beta test it for them at a $50-$60 price tag. It's like buying a car and you drive it off the lot to find the engine randomly stalls, lights works at random among many problems and the dealer saying you're sol because you used it.

Add to that many players tend to forget the past. Remember all those BF2 boycotters? The ones that would never buy an EA game again. Or the MW2 boycotters. So long as the games sell in mass numbers nothing will change. I learned that too many gamers don't care for quality games anymore and will buy just about any crap put on the market.

• Upvote 1

This is why their needs to be some sort of warranty system for software tbh ;/

I remember a while back the EU was considering something like this, but decided against it because there were too many objections from developers

Edited by Lucky_Fr4gg3r

you can't even give them constructive criticism about it

they ignore you, claim you are trolling or make wild changes in other areas to draw attention away from glaring errors

Wow, I've been looking forward to this release too :(

you can't even give them constructive criticism about it

That is very true, you're either regarded as someone who needs to learn to play properly by other gamers or ignored completely by the devs.

I bought BC2 and I learned my lesson from that!

Well, I must say, I wasn't depressed until I read this thread. You guys all sound like we are in the "end times". I'm looking over my shoulder for the Antichrist to appear, lol. True, multiplayer gaming isn't what it used to be, and I've expressed my share of doubts in these and other forums, but it isn't as bad as all that. Mw2 was a fail, very true, but to me, the essential elements of online gameplay lives on in games like BC2. Elements like getting together with your buds on your clan server and cussing each other on TS for getting knifed, just when you thought you were going to pwn them all. Things like that make it all worth the hassle to me. Multiplayer gaming has changed forever, IMO, but as long as I have some good friends to kill, and a dedicated server or 2 to play on, I think it will be alright. Idk, I've been playing video games since the days of dropping quarter upon quarter into the Space Invaders and Asteroids machines was all I wanted out of life. It's only gotten better from there. I think with the latest high-end PC's you can build now, PC gaming is anything but dead. I plug my AKG headphones into my HT Omega soundcard, dim the lights, fire up my i7 with it's 5870, and immerse myself in a different world that surpasses anything a movie can provide. Nah, it's still good my friends, still very good. Besides, I know that soon Half Life 3 will be announced and make everything that the evil turd called MW2 brought upon us seem like a bad memory.

I agree with you guys! I was looking forward to this, too! :scratchchin:

But, I won't be buying it, now! :eek:

Also agree that the devs/publishers don't care to listen to their consumers.

It's like "Eat the sh*t we feed you and shut up!"

PC gamers are in an unfortunate position right now.

Devs/Publishers have realized that the greatest profits to be made are in the console market. I won't go into all the reasons that is true here...

They've also realized that there are enough PC Gamers that will continue to buy their games regardless of lack of features like no dedi servers, no mod tools, no PB, etc. and price increases, pay for DLC, etc.

This very unfortunately was proven by all the PC Gamers that purchased MW2.

So, I expect to see more of the same.....

btw - when CoD:World at War was released with important ommisions, like No Demo Record, No Drawfps, inability to minimize game to get to your Rcon tool, etc. I reported the issues to Activision. Their response was "That's how the game was designed, we're not the developers." I responded (quite politely)"I realize Activision is not the developer, however, as the publisher I would expect Activision to act as your customer's advocate and bring these issues to the developer's attention.

With that they suspended my account! WTF! lol :blink:

Edit: I prolly WILL buy this - when it hits the bargain bin at $9.99, just for the single-player. :P

Edited by CosmicBlue

• 2 months later...