How to undo a rightful ban

FrAnt!c

Hi pbbans,

One of our clan members (a teenage boy of 15) made the mistake of testing a wallhack on a hack server. The problem was that he forgot to switch the wallhack off, tried to login to our clan server three times and got banned by punkbuster. He tried to appeal to the ban, but got denied.

My problem is the following: the guy got banned rightfully (though partly by accident, a stupid accident on his behalf). But I think he should get a second chance, he got already punished by the clan and by his mom (really true :)). So is there a way to get him unbanned, other than that he buys a new cdkey?

cheers and thanks for any responses,

{FO}FrAnt!c

We can not manipulate streamed log information in any shape or form.

PBBans operates a zero tolerance policy toward anyone who raises a bannable violation and the violation is proven valid.

We can not manipulate streamed log information in any shape or form.

PBBans operates a zero tolerance policy toward anyone who raises a bannable violation and the violation is proven valid.

So there is no way at all to get him unbanned? I understand and applaude the work pb is doing in keeping CoD4 playable, but permanently banning, without any room for a second chance is very harsh.

So there is no way at all to get him unbanned? I understand and applaude the work pb is doing in keeping CoD4 playable, but permanently banning, without any room for a second chance is very harsh.

I'm afraid not. A valid violation is a valid violation.

Keep in mind btw, that we are not the creators of the Punkbuster software; Evenbalance is.

PBBans is a separate organization entirely, who simply enforces the bans.

In all likeliness, he is still able to play on non-streaming servers. To be able to play on streaming servers again, he will have to purchase a new copy of the game.

Nope its a valid ban it wont be removed. I dont believe in second chances especially when every agrees to Evenbalance's TOS when installing the game he should have known better. Hes gonna have to buy another copy of the game to get his second change ;)

Nope, no unban at all.

And I just send a PM to your Master User, McCune.

Just replied...

I do agree to the ban that the user was given. But I did not totally understand the banning of a clanmember. Where do I have to remove him?

Already removed him from the greeting messages. But there are no other links to this user related to PbBans or Evenbalance.

As you can see to my post count we've had a few to no problems at all. We will notify our members about this.

My apologies for the behavior of our member :(

Edited by {FO}McCune

Just replied...

I do agree to the ban that the user was given. But I did not totally understand the banning of a clanmember. Where do I have to remove him?

Already removed him from the greeting messages. But there are no other links to this user related to PbBans or Evenbalance.

As you can see to my post count we've had a few to no problems at all. We will notify our members about this.

My apologies for the behavior of our member :(

He needs to be removed from your roster and must not be apart of your clan period.

Mccune you might want to read this topic in the SGA section:

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78553

This was what I was lookig for actually. Thanks for the URL.

I will take the steps that are required. We will discuss this on our forum as well.

We will have to make up for ourselves if the strict policy from PbBans is suitable for a small group of players. There are only about 7 active players. And now PbBans tells us that it's not even allowed for a player to stay on the forum to even talk about this.

Does this mean that there are actually people looking on websites to see if a person, even with a new game code and registered e-mail\nickname, on a specific forum is somebody who has been banned once?

I know this is not something to discuss here but the boy is 13 years old and played on a server where they use so called wallhacks. After playing he joined our server without turning the hack off. He got kicked, later his brother tried to join... ..wel you can guess the rest.

The permanent ban on Evenbalance I can image because it won't be a containable situation if they did it any other way.

But it seems that PbBans is even chasing people to a forum\website. Even if they boy is really regretting all of this and even got a beat-up from his even younger brother. ;)

Again this is not the place to discuss this and I probably have to discuss this with other members on how we proceed...

This was what I was lookig for actually. Thanks for the URL.

I will take the steps that are required. We will discuss this on our forum as well.

We will have to make up for ourselves if the strict policy from PbBans is suitable for a small group of players. There are only about 7 active players. And now PbBans tells us that it's not even allowed for a player to stay on the forum to even talk about this.

Does this mean that there are actually people looking on websites to see if a person, even with a new game code and registered e-mail\nickname, on a specific forum is somebody who has been banned once?

I know this is not something to discuss here but the boy is 13 years old and played on a server where they use so called wallhacks. After playing he joined our server without turning the hack off. He got kicked, later his brother tried to join... ..wel you can guess the rest.

The permanent ban on Evenbalance I can image because it won't be a containable situation if they did it any other way.

But it seems that PbBans is even chasing people to a forum\website. Even if they boy is really regretting all of this and even got a beat-up from his even younger brother. ;)

Again this is not the place to discuss this and I probably have to discuss this with other members on how we proceed...

Pretty much.

After playing he joined our server without turning the hack off.

would not have mattered if he had turned it off. as far as i know he probably would still have been banned for having the files

Taking the necessary steps as we speak. Actually I did not know you needed files to apply a hack. Thought it was just a simple 0\1 switch of certain CVAR's. As you can see I'm a big noob when it comes to in-game hacks.

Thanks again for the info.