Call of Duty: Black Ops

SuperTaz

One of many but I've changed it back and used broken opps as a subtitle

Many people are having a fun time, and enjoying the game.

You've made it perfectly clear your not happy. Many of us are. Any forum would be better served without unnesessary moderator intervention (changing thread titles/sub-titles) just because a moderator is having a problem - that clearly many others are not.

Your having issues - that many ppl have tried (and continue to) to assist you with. I am sorry you seem to have ongoing problems with the game, but for whatever the root cause, a little more patients would do everyone wonders. But, if that is not in the cards, one option would be to focus the negitive energy on getting your refund, and moving on to something you are able to enjoy. Think you mentioned you enjoy cod4. BF3 will be here in 2012... Now thats patients, lol :)

Butt

But for whatever the root cause, a little more patients would do everyone wonders.

When you pay $45 ($60 with no discounts) for a product that doesn't work it's hard not to be pissed. Next time you buy a product at a retail store such as a TV or video game, when you get it home don't open it for a few weeks and then you may understand what it's like.

Think you mentioned you enjoy cod4. BF3 will be here in 2012

BF3 doesn't interest me at all. I never did like the battlefield series honestly. As for CoD4 it's becoming impossible to find a low ping server anymore, and it's just hard to find a populated server in MoH.

On 4th playthrough of the SP. Still a great story. Couldn't care less if it is scripted - I am easily amused :D

MP is still a lot of fun, rank 40 first prestige atm.

4th playthrough of single player :eek:

I played through it once on Veteran and some of those choke points I definitely don't want to go through a second go around. Though after playing veteran it's far from a second go around. It's pretty tough with the infinite spawns the AI has, you can't just clear a room and sit back.

What level did you play it on?

When you pay $45 ($60 with no discounts) for a product that doesn't work it's hard not to be pissed.

I can completly relate to your frustration. It sucked paying $60 retail for BC2... It sucked paying server fees for 3-4 months till things got "fixed". Me complain about CoD-BO after two weeks? naaa. Not me. BC2 was a running beta for months on end. How many patches is that game up to now?

We are 2 weeks into CoD-BO... Good thing you are not paying server fees for CoD-BO - We'd never hear the end of it :P

As for CoD4 it's becoming impossible to find a low ping server anymore, and it's just hard to find a populated server in MoH.

Does not sound good then... If ping is an issue w/ CoD4, you could always host a server. I am sure you could promote enough traffic to keep a server busy,

Butt

On 4th playthrough of the SP. Still a great story. Couldn't care less if it is scripted - I am easily amused :D

MP is still a lot of fun, rank 40 first prestige atm.

don't think i will prestige

i did it all the way to 10th 65 twice in CoD:WaW

you don't get anything useful by prestige imho

zombies ain't bad btw

It sucked paying $60 retail for BC2... It sucked paying server fees for 3-4 months till things got "fixed". Me complain about CoD-BO after two weeks? naaa. Not me. BC2 was a running beta for months on end. How many patches is that game up to now?

It was a new engine on PC with DX11 and destruction. That's what pisses me off even more with CoDBO. It's the same modified engine that doesn't have anything ground breaking in it. At least DICE had public betas in an attempt to get feedback, Treyarch never even had a PC beta and if they did they would of had time to fix it before release.

We are 2 weeks into CoD-BO... Good thing you are not paying server fees for CoD-BO - We'd never hear the end of it

I wouldn't rent one even if the game rank smooth as silk. Far too many restrictions and a shitty GSP is hosting everything.

Does not sound good then... If ping is an issue w/ CoD4, you could always host a server. I am sure you could promote enough traffic to keep a server busy

Problem with CoD4 isn't that there are no servers, it's that there are no players on the servers. Renting yet another empty one will do nothing.

As you can see from the overlay once the cpu load goes below 100% mouse becomes smooth. So all signs point to a bad console port :P

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't rent one even if the game rank smooth as silk. Far too many restrictions and a shitty GSP is hosting everything.

I did not anticipate you would. Was just trying to figure out how many dogs you had in the fight. I did not know if you were running a clan and trying to keep a group moving forward with a new game. Or simply one of 8,000,000 other people that have purchaced the game.

Problem with CoD4 isn't that there are no servers, it's that there are no players on the servers. Renting yet another empty one will do nothing.

With the available alternatives exhausted, I guess your "straight out of luck". Just no two ways around it...But, in reality, you've posted several times (here and @ FPS) about hanging up your hat, and finding a new hobby/persuit.

Butt

With the available alternatives exhausted, I guess your "straight out of luck". Just no two ways around it...But, in reality, you've posted several times (here and @ FPS) about hanging up your hat, and finding a new hobby/pursuit.

Butt

One thing a lot of us older players find is that in order to play CoD4 or Waw or whatever we have to beat up friends, clan members, etc to get them to play. Most have the games but due to everyone's short attention span these days more and more are into this 2 or 3 game a year new release program. The next big thing as it were. I as well have posted my stepping back and have in fact done so by taking on another hobby. The problem is that stepping away means not being in contact with the friends you have made while playing. We never had a huge group but the main ones that were active stuck by and were like extended family. Many of us have visited, drank, had dinner, etc. I understand how frustrated with things Maydax is and thats why for me personally I have not bought a new game since BC2. I still get into the community so thats what keeps me hanging on anyway.

Just doing a little trolling here.... I think Drifter nailed it. It is about your Buds and shooting them in the face, and about the community built around it all.

But, at any rate, all is far from lost. People act like COD is the be all, end all of PC gaming, and if it's not good, then all is lost and might as well take up basket weaving or something. It's a fart in the wind actually. Nothing more. There are plenty of new titles coming up and there is bound to be one that catches the attention of the hardcore PC player.