Call of Duty: Black Ops

SuperTaz

Hell, IW didn't get it down on thier last try either. No game is ever going to be perfect by all eyes on it's release. As fare as EA and BFBC@, i've had very few issues with the game myself. Issues with some of the stuff in the game, sure, the game itself however has run pretty good for me.

It runs pretty good for me too. Actually, it runs perfect, especially after the newest patch. I don't recall seeing a dev from Trey or IW on these forums or any other, except on Bash to promote some game feature or video. Kalms comes around here pretty often from what I've seen. That's worth quite a bit to me. I think Dice get's more abuse from PC gamers than they deserve. Not even talking about here, but on game forums in general. And, btw, I was joking about the game trailer, the BO one looks pretty good. Too bad I'd have to commit supuku if I bought BO.

Kalms is Kalms

class act all the way

there are others @ DICE that are as bad or worse than anyone from the old IW days

There are plenty, I'm sure, in any of the big devs that would like to shit can PC games altogether and go for the easy money. It's cool that a Dice rep comes here to help out though, very cool. Definitely a class act. You know what would be pretty hilarious? About 4 to 8 new maps for BC2 on the same day that COD: BO releases. I can dream. It's not illegal.

limited wager servers=trying to protect the integrity of ranks=cheaters target

I can't say as I mind the wager deal. Not something I am looking for in this game. First thing I think of when I see this is, K&P servers in BF. Those that are going to enjoy that kind of thing were going to do it anyway. K/P servers are everywhere. One gets shut down in BF, and another two pop up to replace it.

What I find intresting is the 6 slot limit. I dont know if that was all the people they had to play the mode, or if thats the limit?

If so, gameservers.com has a fixed ranked pre-order at 18 slots. No more, no less. With 6 active players per 18 slot server, guess those 24/7 wager match servers may cost a bit more per slot - than originally expected? If so, at least those running that type of server, will pay extra for it.

Butt

Wager mode looks fucking useless....

YA MAN 30 CP WHEN EVERYTHING COSTS 1000 CP AND YOU CAN EARN OVER 2000 EACH REGULAR GAME.

exactly

i look for 30-100k CP servers like WaW was in the beginning

- VAC (I don't care what you say it is better than PB [MW2 was an exception due to P2P])

I'm amazed how naive people are. They honestly think VAC never worked in MW2 because it was P2P. They need to play Source games more and see how well VAC really works.

• Upvote 2

I'm amazed how naive people are. They honestly think VAC never worked in MW2 because it was P2P. They need to play Source games more and see how well VAC really works.

It's just the delay bans is why people say that, but even so it's the ONLY game that VALVe has actually had to unban people from.

• Upvote 2

Direct 2 Drive has a promo code that works on CoDBO pre-orders. I got mine for $44.99 and I'm pre-loading now.

Call of Duty Black Ops $44.96 @ www.direct2drive.com Use "bigsavings" for promo code.

http://www.direct2drive.com/2/9853/product/Buy-Call-of-Duty%C2%AE:-Black-Ops-Download?hph

It also works for other games like MoH too.

Starting to believe VAC and PB are not much different for hack detection. I've been playing MoH and the amount of high skill players is just amazing. They are too good but guess what you can't do fu*k all because there is no spec, no scoreboard ping nothing. Would be better off playing the XBox 360 or PS3 version where hacks don't exists (Like PC).

I can't wait until Tuesday for CoDBO then I can stop playing PB games completely. Least I can see pings and spec the asshats in BO.

• Upvote 4

Starting to believe VAC and PB are not much different for hack detection. I've been playing MoH and the amount of high skill players is just amazing. They are too good but guess what you can't do fu*k all because there is no spec, no scoreboard ping nothing. Would be better off playing the XBox 360 or PS3 version where hacks don't exists (Like PC).

I can't wait until Tuesday for CoDBO then I can stop playing PB games completely. Least I can see pings and spec the asshats in BO.

Couldn't agree more.

Couldn't agree more.

this

What does the lack of spec and ping have to do with PB or VAC? Blame the game maker for that. At least with PB, you could submit the demos/PBSS (when they work) here to apply a ban. Good luck with that using VAC.

Edited by injuneer

What does the lack of spec and ping have to do with PB or VAC? Blame the game maker for that.

Players who seem to shoot me before I get a chance to do anything usually have a much lower ping which in MoH I can't see. Yes I do blame the game maker for picking Skill over Ping on the scoreboard :)

At least with PB, you could submit the demos/PBSS (when they work) here to apply a ban.

Older games yes. Most new ones like MoH and BC2 don't even have spectator or demos so less tools to use.

Server browser revealed by JD_2020

2u9mtkk.png

http://twitpic.com/34zzc9

On an unrelated note, with all this mayhem going about what time(s) the game truly unlocks on Steam, which makes a mess for both Steam AND retail buyers (considering both require Steam), it makes me wonder why I still stay with the minority that refuses to "move on". If this keeps up, midnight releases for retail PC gamers will be a thing of the past.

I caved in. Pre-ordered and preloading :P

lol. Had a feeling you'd cave :P

Well... We've gone from - no, to maybe. I think next time it will be "ok, I'll give it a go." ;)

Butt

*facepalm*

hehehehe,

You'll fall to peer presure before the end of the week. :lol:

Butt

I pre-ordered for $44.99, it's worth that for sure.

Sick an tired of waiting for something good to come out after cod4. MoH flopped so this is the game for me.

While waiting for release I'm playing with 3d graphics :P

i will only suport/buy this game with pb enabled. otherwise i could throw my money elsewhere.....like cod6

edit: no matter if sp is great or not!!!

Edited by haldolium