Call of Duty: Black Ops

SuperTaz

It's rather annoying to see the main argument for using VAC is that it's about as good as PunkBuster (comparable) and they all believe that because admins can kick/ban they won't see hackers. rolleyes.gif

I bet they're not going to be running servers on it, or have any experience how difficult it is to fairly admin a server against cheaters.

It's rather annoying to see the main argument for using VAC is that it's about as good as PunkBuster (comparable) and they all believe that because admins can kick/ban they won't see hackers. rolleyes.gif

I bet they're not going to be running servers on it, or have any experience how difficult it is to fairly admin a server against cheaters.

I used to run a Half Life 2 Deathmatch server. I had it streaming to Steambans even. VAC stopped absolutely NOTHING. I used to review the chat logs and such, and hackers would actually come on and test their hacks! They would not get kicked, banned or even scolded for it! It is truly worthless as an anticheat. I am a Punkbuster supporter all the way. Some of you may remember a server utility called Foresight from the MoH Allied Assault days. VAC might be less effective than that thing even. With games like COD that run VAC, we are going backwards in stopping cheaters from ruining our game, when we should be advancing. NO SALE.

I used to run a Half Life 2 Deathmatch server. I had it streaming to Steambans even. VAC stopped absolutely NOTHING. I used to review the chat logs and such, and hackers would actually come on and test their hacks! They would not get kicked, banned or even scolded for it! It is truly worthless as an anticheat. I am a Punkbuster supporter all the way. Some of you may remember a server utility called Foresight from the MoH Allied Assault days. VAC might be less effective than that thing even. With games like COD that run VAC, we are going backwards in stopping cheaters from ruining our game, when we should be advancing. NO SALE.

Bro they got banned 2 weeks later its cool lolololololol.

Time code for those of us that are lazy?

Start it @ 58:00 - 62:00

It goes on about cheats and VAC past there. When your not as "busy", do listen to it. Its quite informative for the PC gamer. Times are a changing, and these guys lay it out in ways thats ez to follow.

65:00 - 68:30 :huh:

There are a couple more than that :P

But yes, EvenBalance is a small business. The actual numbers though, I do not know about.

That was an interesting podcast - and I both agreed and disagreed with some of the points. However, I will be waiting for the post-launch opinions to come out before I put any money at all down for this game or MoH for that matter.

I seriously doubt they are going to keep Gameservers as the only host but we will see how long that lasts...

Forever. Remember with MW2, everybody saying "we'll see how long they don't have dedicated servers, it will never last". It lasted. They can keep their DX9 ancient game.

I am not going as far to say I am boycotting - if the reviews come out and the general opinion is that it isn't a bad game, I may get it.

Call me naive, but I'm hoping that the MP of MOH has gotten a serious overhaul - at least then I have an alternative to Black Ops.