Call of Duty: Black Ops

SuperTaz

I am not going as far to say I am boycotting - if the reviews come out and the general opinion is that it isn't a bad game, I may get it.

Call me naive, but I'm hoping that the MP of MOH has gotten a serious overhaul - at least then I have an alternative to Black Ops.

i honestly don't think they can change it enough to make it playable.....make that will change it enough to make it playable.

we have passed it by at any rate

we are all poised to support Black Ops. i just hope it isn't another let down

+1 for the begger but seriously for boycotting another lame game :D

And a +1 to you for agreeing with me on BO being a lame offfering. To much hype for a reskinned MW2. Or, actually, a reskinned COD4. They can stick their monopoly tactics also. And their little promises with a catch. My $60 will go toward something more worthy. That's 3 months of rental fees for 1 of my BC2 servers from Low Ping.

And a +1 to you for agreeing with me on BO being a lame offfering. To much hype for a reskinned MW2. Or, actually, a reskinned COD4. They can stick their monopoly tactics also. And their little promises with a catch. My $60 will go toward something more worthy. That's 3 months of rental fees for 1 of my BC2 servers from Low Ping.

glad someone can get some use out of that game. really i am.

going to try some WaW zombies again

glad someone can get some use out of that game. really i am.

going to try some WaW zombies again

Not a big BC2 fan I take it? I hear ya, I hated it at first, then it grew on me. I built a Hi-Po rig recently, now it's much better.

Not a big BC2 fan I take it? I hear ya, I hated it at first, then it grew on me. I built a Hi-Po rig recently, now it's much better.

i tried and tried

every time i got used to the clunkiness and slow response, they'd "tweak" things

plus almost all the people i play online with have given up on it

MOH will definitely be supported here :)

Good. Punkbuster is good stuff. That alone might cause me to buy MoH. Like I said in another thread, I ran a server with VAC. Even streamed it to SteamBans. It was the worst piece of trash anticheat ever conceived by mankind, in the history of mankind, and will be well into the future. There isn't enough evil words or curses in the English language to describe it's garbage-ness.

i tried and tried

every time i got used to the clunkiness and slow response, they'd "tweak" things

plus almost all the people i play online with have given up on it

Yeah, it's not for everybody. Some love it, some hate it. I learned to like it. I uninstalled it 2 times, then reinstalled. I couldn't make up my mind. Now I have my clan buds addicted to it. It's not a bad game overall in my humble opinion. Avatar movement is clunky, but I would be clunky in real life if I had full battle gear on, along with extra ammo, grenades, combat boots, etc....

I didn't enjoy MOH too much it seemed too much like BC2 currently just in a DeathMatch state. Also I hope Black Ops will have Zombies they better >:(

+1

just reinstalled WaW to give zombies another go

Black Ops Zombies would sell the game as much as anything

I don't think I'll play any game that has some heathen anticheat like VAC. I am sticking to what works. If it doesn't have Punkbuster, it's a no go. If PBBans doesn't support streaming of it, it's a no sale. If Punkbuster ever goes out of business (God forbid), I'll go back to playing singleplayer games only. The rage I feel when playing with cheaters is mouse crushing.

Edited by GutshotYooper

I don't think I'll play any game that has some heathen anticheat like VAC. I am sticking to what works. If it doesn't have Punkbuster, it's a no go.

I'd rather pay $60 for a game that at least gives the end user new options, rather than another $60 for a the same featureless game I got last Winter.

Personally, I am looking forward to getting back into clan v clan scrims, and potentially ladder play.

Is VAC going to be an adjustment? Yeah, you bet! But, if you belive what you read, its pretty clear what direction things are headed in. I can respect your feelings, but to me there are larger issues one could dig their heels in over. We all had to learn our present anti-cheat system. None of us new about all the EB nuances untill we jumped into the world of renting servers and building clans. But we muddeled our way through, and had alot of fun in the process. I am looking at COD-BO/VAC in a simular light. Its a new fps series to me. A new chance to meet different people. A new learning experience all together (which I love).

I'll take a positive attitude and an open mind going into this game. Any negitivity I may have had in the past, I'll write off as disapointment in EA. That said, I wont let one negitive experience/game allow me to forget why I do this. Its for fun! Having a good time w/ my friends and meeting new people. Sometimes for me, its too easy to get caught up in the negitive, and forget about the positive.:P

Butt

• Upvote 1

I'd rather pay $60 for a game that at least gives the end user new options, rather than another $60 for a the same featureless game I got last Winter.

Personally, I am looking forward to getting back into clan v clan scrims, and potentially ladder play.

Is VAC going to be an adjustment? Yeah, you bet! But, if you belive what you read, its pretty clear what direction things are headed in. I can respect your feelings, but to me there are larger issues one could dig their heels in over. We all had to learn our present anti-cheat system. None of us new about all the EB nuances untill we jumped into the world of renting servers and building clans. But we muddeled our way through, and had alot of fun in the process. I am looking at COD-BO/VAC in a simular light. Its a new fps series to me. A new chance to meet different people. A new learning experience all together (which I love).

I'll take a positive attitude and an open mind going into this game. Any negitivity I may have had in the past, I'll write off as disapointment in EA. That said, I wont let one negitive experience/game allow me to forget why I do this. Its for fun! Having a good time w/ my friends and meeting new people. Sometimes for me, its too easy to get caught up in the negitive, and forget about the positive.:P

Butt

I hear ya. Good points. It is all about the fun. It has now become a matter of personal taste in the blockbuster titles, when you get down to it. They all are less than what they used to be, feature wise. My friends and I have gotten used to the Dice gameplay and now COD no longer delivers the fun we used to have with it.

Who knows, VAC may surprise everybody in this title. Treyarch may support the game nicely, like they did with WaW. They made some nice map packs for that one. At least Treyarch doesn't seem bent on forcing PC gamers to have a "console experience" like IW did with MW2. They at least have thrown PC gamers a few bones.

So, it comes down to what people want in a game. Myself and my clan buds, are looking to MoH and the BC2 Vietnam expansion, along with Crysis 2 to feed our addiction. Others will love the COD series forever and that's cool too. I'm sure it won't disappoint it's fans.

• 1 month later...

too bad they can't get a game running correctly

Lol, well, we'll see how many issues BO has. I remember WaW being a pretty buggy game for a long time after it's release. Everybody said "F'N Treyarch can't write code for crap!" and "Treyarch sucks and WaW is a crappy game!" COD 1 thru 4 were no picnic either. IW didn't get 'er down on the first try either.

Lol, well, we'll see how many issues BO has. I remember WaW being a pretty buggy game for a long time after it's release. Everybody said "F'N Treyarch can't write code for crap!" and "Treyarch sucks and WaW is a crappy game!" COD 1 thru 4 were no picnic either. IW didn't get 'er down on the first try either.

Hell, IW didn't get it down on thier last try either. No game is ever going to be perfect by all eyes on it's release. As fare as EA and BFBC2, i've had very few issues with the game myself. Issues with some of the stuff in the game, sure, the game itself however has run pretty good for me.