Call of Duty: Black Ops

SuperTaz

i will only suport/buy this game with pb enabled. otherwise i could throw my money elsewhere.....like cod6

Thing is PB is becoming a thing of the past with developers outside of EA. I see just as many cheaters in VAC games as PB ones that don't stream. Least we can spec them in codbo unlike moh.

EA hasn't made a game that appeals to me so I have to goto CoD. MoH was ok but lacked a lot that codbo is offering.

i will only suport/buy this game with pb enabled. otherwise i could throw my money elsewhere.....like cod6

edit: no matter if sp is great or not!!!

Even WITH PunkBuster, I doubt streaming would be possible without server files. So regardless it'd really be the same.

Too bad for the germans and the japanese. They are not allowed to get the game because of censor issues. Someone has to gift it to them. That sucks.At least, that is what I am reading on steams forums.

Even WITH PunkBuster, I doubt streaming would be possible without server files. So regardless it'd really be the same.

Yup MoH was the final exception. Too many headaches and be damned if we are going to keep adding to them.

Yup MoH was the final exception. Too many headaches and be damned if we are going to keep adding to them.

Well it had to happen at some point. Just sad the game developers caused it to happen so soon.

Well it had to happen at some point. Just sad the game developers caused it to happen so soon.

Well the balls in their court now.

If they want to see the largest anti cheat site in the world support their future products, they will have to treat PBBans like an RSP and allow us access to the server files.

Otherwise its no DICE :P

• Upvote 2

Otherwise its no DICE :P

Boo! lol

Man, I love PB, even with all it's shortcomings. But, I believe, even the game I'm waiting for, HoS, will more than likely have VAC. What can a guy do? COD without PB/PBBans is going to be hell on honest players. Too many kids are going to be buying it. Server admins are going to be spending more time spectating players than playing the game. Glad I'm running away from that whole fiasco.

Been reading the steam forums and a growing number of people are posting problems. Common complaint is lag in MP and it's resource heavy:

I would like to let you all know that you're not missing out on much. The multiplayer is so laggy that its unplayable but my ping is 40ms. and it's not frame lag because i can play combat training fine. Is anyone else having this issue? is so how the hell do you fix it? and i always get this error about some stupid Duplicate qport problem.

All I can say is this game is rubbish!!!!!

Stick with modern warfare 2 it's a far better game.

This server browser is overrated because after each match if you what to change a class or a kill streak you have to leave the server and edit your stuff and then try find a server again that isnt full like COD4. As much as everyone complained about matchmaking (I was one of them) it rocks the socks off this hunk of rubbish! The single player is the one bit of the game that works ATM. Zombies lags like no tomorrow and it's not my computer is a I7 with 12GB of RAM, window 7 64bit,480gtx and its installed on a SSD.

So be glad you can't play it yet. Hopefully this is why they delayed the release to fix this game and its huge amount of Lag issues....

also the server list is annoying, as you have to load most of the servers before you can enter one, and there is no way to stop the refresh.

And dude, there are about 7000-8000 servers.

How will waiting for more servers help? You join one with a ping of 20 and then you ping will bounce from 30ish to 500... Its happening to everyone. Then you get the random pauses... This feels almost as broken as F1 2010... Absolute bull release.

Multiplayer is completely unplayable. This is seriously irritating. No matter how low the ping of the server you join, you still lag like you have 600ms ping :@

This game has really weird patterns of resource usage. My specs are:

3.48Ghz Core 2 Duo

4GB RAM

1GB GTX 460, overclocked

I have system monitoring tools open on the second monitor every time I play any game, and this game is incredibly processor-intensive. Thing is, though, it doesn't even pass to my RAM. The game uses maybe 200MB of RAM, and puts the rest directly on the CPU. The CPU of course gets backed up to 100% usage, and I get huge lag. Meanwhile, my GPU usage never goes above 60%. I also get a lot of lag when first loading videos, and that also makes my CPU go up to 100% usage.

I had no trouble running Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 on High, even before upgrading my video card from my old 9800GT to my current 460.

Few SS posted

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr349/Shagula69/BlackOpsMP2010-11-0909-18-48-48.jpg

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr349/Shagula69/BlackOpsMP2010-11-0909-23-27-49.jpg

http://i11.fastpic.ru/big/2010/1109/9a/9354bc2f88b5e87d16d89332286a939a.jpg

So ya nice lag free gaming that gameservers.com is providing :P

Yeah, figured it was coming sooner or later. Sad thing is that the first NA players haven't even gotten the game yet.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2665/firsteveraimbothack.jpg

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/9748/smileybo.jpg

Yepper, expected as much. I didn't expect the the hack makers were going to deprive us of their fine work. :D

Every game has them. Do kinda wish they would come up with something a bit more fresh. Kinda boring seeing the same hacks all the time. Nothing new for us. Main thing for the pubber to keep in mind, is to find servers that they know will be activly moderated.

Even though the game is VAC, it may not be a terrible idea to get a list going in CoD area w/ a list of servers run by PBbans active clans. In doing so, at least gives a list of servers that PBbans members would know that anti-cheat was taken seriously on the server being visited.

Thoughts?

Butt

PS. Really liked the vented rib O/U in the first SS ;) Looks like its duck huntin time!

and in stark contrast the PS3 MP has been ... well .... brilliant.

No lag, fast flowing gameplay and console nubs make excellent target practise :P

SP is just as good too.

PC version will be here tomorrow for comparison ;)

Too bad for the germans and the japanese. They are not allowed to get the game because of censor issues. Someone has to gift it to them. That sucks.At least, that is what I am reading on steams forums.

We can get the game in germany, but parts are censored. Some torture and headshot cutscenes missing and less gore overall.

Glad some of my clanmates live next to Austria, they get the austrian PEGI 18 version for me, just the swastikas in zombie mod are deleted there.

Afaik gifts wont work as well, it´s not possible to activate US or UK version with a german steam account/ip.

Edited by wraahhm

All I can say about the game is "Holy Fail". I have never lagged so much in any game. I hope they are going to patch it immediately or there will be a lot of refunds given out. I have no clue how the console community is doing so far with the game, but, the PC community is very unhappy and disappointed.

All I can say about the game is "Holy Fail". I have never lagged so much in any game. I hope they are going to patch it immediately or there will be a lot of refunds given out. I have no clue how the console community is doing so far with the game, but, the PC community is very unhappy and disappointed.

Did you really expect more from a Gameservers exclusive COD game? Glad I saved $60 on this title too.

Duality... money well spent?

Hold on... if u want try u can use my key and/or I have 20% coupon also. :)

Console players are happy but it's massive lag on PC side :P

SP is awesome, has a decent story and some pretty decent character development. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

MP is slightly laggy with performance issues atm. Lag I can expect because of the failure of GS/ATVI to have the hardware to support the initial rush to play. That will die down soon enough. The performance issues I expect will be patched within the week.

All in all, I think that once the MP issues are sorted, I will be playing this for many, many hours.

Been playing the SP, and must say its been pretty fun. Not played a CoD title since the first playstation version, so its taking some getting used to. Have had some stuttering in SP. Not sure if its my rig, or something else at play. I'd suspect the few issues that have been spoken on here and elsewhere, will get ironed out sooner rather than later. The one good thing about that is the comming holiday season. I would doubt the developer whats anything negitive hanging over its head going into Christmas. They may not fix the problems for us, but I bet they fix them before the holiday shopping blitz gets into full swing ;)

Think I'll give it more than half a day before I declair something is "failed"

Butt

I have no clue how the console community is doing so far with the game

PS3

Been lucky thus far, got to remember that the console MP is P2P :)

No lag, excellent gameplay, some guns are definitely underpowered which becomes obvious when playing a guns wager game.

All round top of the range game, so, now we know what all the development cash is spent on :P and it aint PC developement.