Call of Duty: Black Ops

SuperTaz

EA 2.0. Make a server side stats game and make a set of rules lol

Hey Black Ops Community –

Treyarch is committed to providing all gamers with the best online experience possible, and that means maintaining the game's integrity. We have a zero tolerance policy against exploitation, and this is to protect the many gamers who go online to compete and have legitimate fun. Below is a brief outline of our security and enforcement policy which will remain posted and will get updated here.

The team at Treyarch has worked very hard to create a fun, competitive online environment, and we want to keep this environment clean so that the game can be played as it was intended. Users who abuse the game through modding, boosting, glitching or making offensive emblems degrade the online experience for others, and we will take action to prevent this from happening.

Keep it clean. Play nice. Have fun.

Thanks

- Team Treyarch

CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS - SECURITY & ENFORCEMENT POLICY

Modders

Users who have modified their hardware and have run hacked script or code. This includes modifying profile data to use illegal characters in a player's name.

* • Instant permaban. You will no longer be allowed to play the game online, and you will be reported to the console manufacturers.

Boosters

Users who organize to exploit the game for the explicit purpose of ranking up very quickly or to appear in a high position on the leaderboards.

* • Minor offense: Temp ban, complete stats reset, leaderboard entries removed once

* • Major offense: Temp ban, complete stats reset, permanent ban from appearing on the leaderboards

* • Extreme or repeat offenses: Permaban from playing the game online

Glitchers

Users who go out of their way to exploit the game to grief other players. An example would be going outside of the map's clearly defined playable boundary.

* • Minor offense: Temp ban from playing the game online

* • Major offense: Extended temp ban from playing the game online

* • Extreme or repeat offenses: Permaban from playing the game online

Offensive emblem makers

Users who create emblems that are sexually gratuitous or racially offensive.

* • Minor offense: 2-week ban from using the emblem editor, emblem reset to default, emblem purchases wiped

* • Major offense: Permanent ban from using the emblem editor

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=341470

Pardon my language here, but don't read if you don't like it.

How about they work on the FUCKING problems in the game before they come up with this completely complex and idiotic fucking rules list, THAT they themselves have about a million fucking people they gotta deal with before I even consider following ANYTHING in that list.

Pardon my language here, but don't read if you don't like it.

How about they work on the FUCKING problems in the game before they come up with this completely complex and idiotic fucking rules list, THAT they themselves have about a million fucking people they gotta deal with before I even consider following ANYTHING in that list.

QFMFT

There isn't even a Cheating subsection that covers hacks, texture mods, etc.

Even the BF RoC covers it:

You may not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any data streams or transmissions to or from EA or IGN services, or use any application or software while using the Battlefield services which are not approved by EA or IGN.

Guess boosters are far more important to ban than the aimbotters. Just sick of stats getting a higher priority than catching the real cheaters. If developers are really against cheaters they wouldn't hire a 3rd party like PB or VAC but instead make their own AC solution.

There isn't even a Cheating subsection that covers hacks, texture mods, etc.

Even the BF RoC covers it:

Guess boosters are far more important to ban than the aimbotters. Just sick of stats getting a higher priority than catching the real cheaters. If developers are really against cheaters they wouldn't hire a 3rd party like PB or VAC but instead make their own AC solution.

no reason to cover it as VAC doesn't detect it afaik

that was why sv_pure was added to many games as a assbackwards attempt to address the VAC shortcomings

oh and

HSMagnet @jd_2020 the cheaters go play on #treyarch #codblackops servers because there are no admin. they use blahcheatblah.com for names and rape 7 minutes ago via web

no reason to cover it as VAC doesn't detect it afaik

that was why sv_pure was added to many games as a assbackwards attempt to address the VAC shortcomings

oh and

If I recall hearing sv_pure is in BO, for god knows why you can't even turn it on I don't think.

not sure if it is in BO. hell so many things useful are locked anyway

here is some light reading

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Pure_Servers

http://www.fpsadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13725

not sure what the cod4 outcome was

i do know the modded textures and whatnot were a huge problem for VAC/Steam/VaLve in the past

More updates coming: http://www.codblackopsnews.com/2010/12/03/more-pc-updates-in-the-works/

IN PROGRESS

[*]Added an option to create shaders during load time. This fixes hitching when viewing a new area of the map for the first time on some video cards.[*]Incomplete server browser results.[*]Improvements to Quickmatch results (with better ping and reduced lag)..[*]/connect[*]/reconnect[*]Improved threading performance on computers with only 2 cores.[*]Fixed random freezes in certain computer configurations.[*]Increased reserved slots to 9.[*]Improvements to the spawn system to resolve an issue where negative spawn influencers from specific game events were not always being deleted after the danger had cleared

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the studdering is gone with shader warming however fps drops are 10X worse in intense firefights. Can't even aim.

So 5 weeks waiting for nothing.

limited amount i have been able to play since patch, i have had no problems

haven't tried shader warming

i only have a HD4670, left over from my old P4 box.

i am not getting the fps drops.

i do have an i7 920

*edit*

and 12GB of sweet sweet triple channel RAM

Edited by HSMagnet

limited amount i have been able to play since patch, i have had no problems

haven't tried shader warming

i only have a HD4670, left over from my old P4 box.

i am not getting the fps drops.

i do have an i7 920

Yep. Nothing to complain about here. My e8400 & 4850-512 still plugging along. No noticable change either way. I still die alot.:D

Does look like they finally got the connect by IP added, and a few more server side options in place. Been waiting to try the other Rcon programs. Might give it a few more days and see what other features the RconMax guys can come up with. Not had the issues w/ the stock Rcon others have had, so not had motivation to change it up.

Butt

Haven't noticed any change since the patch personally. Since I wasn't having any stuttering issues, I left the 'shader warming' option disabled.

The only problem I've had pre and post patch is low FPS in certain places. My old GTX 260 is struggling with this at 1920*1200.

I deleted the game's mp_config.cfg and allowed it to recreate a new one (yes this does help) and turned shader warming on. I have found a large improvement in the stability of the game. Frame rates are higher (although still drop in places) but I never go below 60FPS now. Also, I don't stutter at the start of a map either. I always used to stutter until I die for the first time in that round, then the game runs fine. Doesn't do that any more. All in all a good patch I'd say. Now if only they could have put the game out in this state in the first place.

I'm just glad they fixed the /connect command.

I'm hoping they fix /add favorite next

you can modify those in your config

seta server1 ""
seta server10 ""
seta server11 ""
seta server12 ""
seta server13 ""
seta server14 ""
seta server15 ""
seta server16 ""
seta server2 ""
seta server3 ""
seta server4 ""
seta server5 ""
seta server6 ""
seta server7 ""
seta server8 ""
seta server9 ""

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players\config_mp.cfg"

Edited by HSMagnet

• 4 weeks later...

Least PC owners aren't the only ones that got a crappy, unfinished game.

Activision Support:

Well I have nothing else to offer and I too follow forums and have many friends who play and enjoy the game for all of its features. As an avid gamer, I would also disagree with any legalities involving a single aspect of a game as online experience may change at any time. The publishers have the right to shut down the servers for their game at any time as well which based on the number of reported posts from users may be a viable solution over the free PSN.

In any event, if you would like to send your game disc into us, we can either;

a) Exchange for a sealed (unopened) copy of the game that you can take back to the retailer

B) Swap for another platform

c) Exchange for another Activision title of equal or lesser value.

These are the options that we are able to offer to you as a one time courtesy.

Let us know how you would like to proceed.

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2011/01/18/activision-ps3-black-ops-player-shutting-down-psn-servers-option

Least PC owners aren't the only ones that got a crappy, unfinished game.

Activision Support:

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2011/01/18/activision-ps3-black-ops-player-shutting-down-psn-servers-option

that is highfreakingLarryUS

after we pull the plug on the game, the problems magically disappear *poof*