PunkBuster coming to Bad Company 2

MaydaX

I'd like to thank both PBBans staff for working this out with DICE, and DICE for listening :)

Changes my perspective towards the game.

Happy that the cheaters won't be too happy :lol:

This is great news, Thank You Maydax and Thanks for listening DICE.

The Servers has been pre ordered and the word is out to my group to go ahead and pre order and see all of you on the Battlefield.

This is great news, Thank You Maydax and Thanks for listening DICE.

The Servers has been pre ordered and the word is out to my group to go ahead and pre order and see all of you on the Battlefield.

Well, guess I have to move into the fray as it were... I will go ahead and preorder on the Amex card; just in case they decide to reverse things. Hope it will send a message to EA and that other company out there that didn't listen to the community. This is why I love to be a part of this community. Hope I can continue to be that even though our so called group never lived up to previous expectations when MW2 came out. You know those that signed a petition and then did a complete reversal... :blink:

Thank you PBBANS and EA. Hope this becomes a long term relationship. I already own every BF game and paid for every expansion there has been. This is a make or break for me personally. If the ball is dropped then this will be a final visit for us.

Well I never expected PBBans to be referenced to in the official Battlefield blog but it's nice of DICE to do so.

I've been working with DICE to help with PB features that sites like ours use. While there is still work to be done in regards to PB integration, PBBans will be offering streaming support for BC2. I never got the server files but DICE was very helpful and gave me what I needed.

So far streaming works for both UCON and Repository methods. From the suggestions I have made for the server side, PB control using BC2 admin tools will be better than in BF2. You won't need to use a UCON client to see PB messages from the server but they also get sent to any admin tool made for BC2.

Ban Message Test

Before anyone asks if this is real ban .. no it's not, it was part of a message test.

And yes I've asked for a smaller global chat text option. I don't think players want to see big ass ban messages blocking their screens smile.gif

It has been a while I had such an exciting and enjoyable coffee in the morning!

These are news I like to read.

Thanks DICE and thanks Maydax for not giving up.

rockon.gif

Well I never expected PBBans to be referenced to in the official Battlefield blog but it's nice of DICE to do so.

I've been working with DICE to help with PB features that sites like ours use. While there is still work to be done in regards to PB integration, PBBans will be offering streaming support for BC2. I never got the server files but DICE was very helpful and gave me what I needed.

So far streaming works for both UCON and Repository methods. From the suggestions I have made for the server side, PB control using BC2 admin tools will be better than in BF2. You won't need to use a UCON client to see PB messages from the server but they also get sent to any admin tool made for BC2.

Ban Message Test

Before anyone asks if this is real ban .. no it's not, it was part of a message test.

And yes I've asked for a smaller global chat text option. I don't think players want to see big ass ban messages blocking their screens :)

Welcome news indeed :)

Kudos to the DICE personnel that took the time and trouble to educate themselves on the importance of 3rd party anti cheat solutions, and how much regard server admins have for 3rd party assistance in keeping their servers cheat free.

Also kudos to MaydaX for representing PBBans in such a professional manner.

It would have been so easy to just test out PBBans tools and services and leave it at that, now we know for sure that UCON and repository streaming is a viable option re BFBC2.

A good advert as to what sensible discussion, listening and compromise can achieve. :)

Just a thought:

We also want to mention we have contacted PBBans to help us work on a global ban-list solution to help ensure the best experience for everyone playing BFBC2 on the PC.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/02/10/all-things-battlefield-week-six-2010.aspx

From the way I read that it sounds very much like an anti-cheat partnership which being integrated into their game (which I agree for PBBans is absolutely fantastic). However, could this possibly mean that in the future: If we have DDoS issues like seen recently, EA/Dice may support PBBans with such? In order to ensure that PBBans has no unavoidable downtime... should things go south with EthProxy.

Obviously not worth pushing the boat out to such end, or loosing PBBans independence, but the possibilities with an arrangement like this could be extremely beneficial to both EA/Dice and PBBans over the years to come.

If other developers also take note of this step by them we could find less choosing A/C options like VAC and moving to/keeping with PB, with third party streaming.

In closing, EA/Dice 1 - IW 0 :P

Yep, I think this news will push those people still sitting on the fence regarding pre-orders to go ahead an buy it. I pre-ordered on steam a while back, I consider it absolutely worth the money now.

Hey Infinity Ward, do you hear that? Yep, that is the sound of the PC community's adoration for Dice - for creating a PC game that doesn't utterly suck balls.

+1 I agree!

This excellent news!

Great work, MaydaX! :D

I don't think a sponsorship idea has hit the table, as yet. I personally think we should just be happy with the fact that EA/DICE devs were willing to come to the table and work with MaydaX directly to ensure that third party anti-cheat works properly. On top of that, some other suggestions were made by MaydaX to ensure that your abilities(and mine, potentially) to run such a server would be more fruitful and enabled, when it comes to the admin tools available.

My hat is off to EA/DICE for listening, and for being so agreeable and easy-going about this. It becomes a win/win situation for both EA/DICE and PBBans, in the long run. That in itself, is a sort of sponsorship, really. A first for the PC-Gaming community. To butcher Niel Armstrong's words...

One small step for gaming, one large step for the gaming community! Job well done for all involved! :)

• Upvote 2

I think it is safe to say we all owe Dice a hell of a thankyou. B)

Agreed! A hell of a Thank you Dice!

Don't forget about Maydax, if it weren't for him this may not have happened!

Thank you too Maydax!

We already have our server on pre-order whoopee!

Hope to kill you there on release day!

Edited by P0k3r_OF_Sm0t

Ah, it's been a while, peeps. I see I have missed much. But given the timestamps, not by a whole lot.

Posted a tweet thanking GVD and DICE crew for helping to set all of this up. I am very surprised that all this went through. While it would have been easier to secretly hand Maydax the server files, at the very least, they were able to communicate with us in getting it all set up.

My clan's planning to put up a server on launch day. I'll be sure to check back for setup instructions as I poke around with the GSP admin interface.

Let the good times roll. :)

I'll be sure to check back for setup instructions as I poke around with the GSP admin interface.

did i overlook something? the admin interface is going to be GSP based?

Nice job! PBBans Staff and Thank you!DICE for listening to our community and doing something about it.Your wisdom will improve this new release,and players of the world,once again will have a new game to look forward too.

My hat is off to EA/DICE for listening, and for being so agreeable and easy-going about this. It becomes a win/win situation for both EA/DICE and PBBans, in the long run.

Its a win/win/win situation, you forgot the PC gamers ;)

Edited by Earzz

Ban Message Test

And yes I've asked for a smaller global chat text option. I don't think players want to see big ass ban messages blocking their screens :)

This is great news, thanks a lot to Maydax, Mikael Kalms and DICE in general for a

sorting this out as I was about to give up on this game and now it looks like we will have a new FPS!

/Applause

An exceptional job by Maydax and the rest here at PBBANS. My concerns now of renting a server for our clan have been put to easy. BFS will continue to be a site sponser and we look forward to PBBANS support with BC2.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

An exceptional job by Maydax and the rest here at PBBANS. My concerns now of renting a server for our clan have been put to easy. BFS will continue to be a site sponser and we look forward to PBBANS support with BC2.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

I and my clan,would personally like to thank you, MaydaX

Your work has paid off ,and now we will have what we so desperatly wanted ,and needed, for this game, to tower over ModernWarFail2

Thanks again ,keep up the great work!!

http://vulgarsociety.com

Dedicated servers aside, users must have access to the console so they can obtain a list of GUID's. Without it, they won't be able to report misbehaving players to server admins. Reporting aliases is worth nothing - Battlefield Heroes is proof enough of that.

Does anyone know if this game is going to have a battlerecorder like the other Battlefield games?